Stay in Sync: Learn How Estrogen Levels Affect Menopause
When it comes to identifying and managing the signs of menopause, understanding how different hormone levels interact within your body can help break down the cause of some of the changes you may be experiencing. In this piece, we’ll focus on the role of estrogen in your body, as well as how fluctuating levels can directly tie into menopause and related symptoms. For more in-depth information about hormonal imbalances, check out our previous blog here.
Our Non-Hormonal Solution
Learn more about our non-hormonal solutions to see if they may be right for you!
Estrogen and Your Body
Estrogen is the primary female hormone, and as such is responsible for the health and maintenance of female reproductive organs. Estrogen is also involved in:
- Maintaining vaginal blood flow and lubrication
- Stimulating breast growth
- Causes the lining of the uterus to thicken throughout your menstrual cycle
- Preserves bone structure and density
Because of the intricate role estrogen plays in managing your whole system, both excess and deficient amounts will result in a variety of unpleasant symptoms, including breast tenderness, mood swings, fatigue, weight gain, joint pain and more.
Estrogen and Menopause
Estrogen is one of the main hormones that triggers the onset of menopause when levels drop. Once both your estrogen and progesterone levels are low enough, your body stops ovulating, which in turn stops menstruation, at this point, menopause beings. The onset of menopause will look different for every woman, but frequently includes the following symptoms:
- Hot Flashes
- Night Sweats
- Irritability/Mood swings
- Mental fog
- Inconsistent periods.
If you are in your early-mid 40’s or 50’s and have notice any of the above changes, you may be entering menopause.
How to Cope With Transition
Contrary to popular belief, your journey into menopause doesn’t need to be a time of “mourning”. Many women find that, with a little preparation, they are able to continue leading active, happy lives. Menopause is not the end of the road, it’s the start of an exciting new chapter! Having the right tools on hand will help you make the most of this time, while ensuring you remain as comfortable as possible. Below are a few quick tips to keep in mind:
- Leading an active lifestyle and paying close attention to your nutrition will make a significant difference.
- Always consult your physician if your symptoms are severe or change drastically. Menopause shares symptoms with several other hormone triggered issues, so it’s best to stay safe!
- Keep a diary of your symptoms. This may help you identify common triggers (alcohol, caffeine, lack of sleep, etc.)
- Consider natural supplements designed to assist your system in handling the unique demands of fluctuating hormones.
Vivaca® for Menopause
Supplements like Vivaca® can help you manage your symptoms. Containing locally sourced botanicals, Vivaca is designed to support women through all three phases of menopauses by alleviating the unpleasant affects of hormonal shifts. Learn more about our holistic solutions by viewing our products, or by contacting our team today!